Don't retain my services if you want:
1. A lawyer to tell you did nothing wrong and the Nursing Board Complaint is 100% factually and legally invalid;
2. A lawyer to tell you what you want to hear about your nursing practice;
3. A lawyer who allows the professional attorney-client relationship to become social, like a "Girls Night" or too personal. Like EPMD, I am Strictly Business when it comes to nurse license defense and the practice of law.
Don't get me wrong. We are involved with our clients but it is a professional relationship with personal aspects of involvement of course. You get enough personal about me on this blog don't you???
Also I don't subscribe to "mixing of personal, professional, and business" social media accounts like facebook, twitter, etc. that some of the marketing and social media consultants suggest.
Its all business for me with a personal twist here and there. Sorry but I am old school and not changing here because there are way too many issues with boundaries, ethics, and conflicts of interest when you become friends with your clients; afterall it is a professional relationship and it is a professional relationship for a reason.
4. A lawyer who just holds your hand and tells you its going to be okay;
5. A lawyer who does not ask questions and then more follow-up questions and then asks for documents, records, and other correspondence including but not limited to your first grade picture;
6. A lawyer who believes everything you say is 100% factually accurate and the Gospel, just because you said it;
7. A lawyer to tell you what you want to hear about your case;
8. A lawyer who allows you to run the case and the defense; its your license and its your case but we work together;
9. A lawyer who will not call you on your bullshit;
10. A lawyer who will not question you because:
A. a APRN; I have a apron also.
B. You are doctorally prepared (to give enemas);
C. You have a three lines of certifications and degrees behind your name including but not limited to FAAN; I have a fan in my home office and I plan to buy one when I receive my tax refund for my real office.
D. You are older than me. I am 39 y/o. If you want a boomer lawyer your age then find one;
E. You are married to, dating, shacking, and/or fracking a physician, lawyer, and/or dentist?
10. A lawyer who you can spin; I have been doing this a while, no spinning.