Take a look at this article and the comments.
I posted my picture on my blog and started mentioning I was black about 8 years ago after I met with a prospective client who allegedly made inappropriate remarks about Blacks, Jews, and Lesbians at a hospital. I met with the Prospective Client and it was pretty obvious he/she did not know I was black.
So in full disclosure to my clients and prospective clients who may or may not want to retain my services based on my views. Actually all of this info is available on this blog anyway but I will summarize:
* I am a black female but I am not mad, anymore (hint: Diary of a Mad Black Woman is a movie); http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422093/
* I vote as a Democrat because I am more concerned about the welfare and well-being of others more than myself as a small business owner and professional because honestly I am entrepreneur at heart and I can invent ways to make money in my sleep if need be;
* I am left-handed and I hold extremist views in this area: Left-Handed Folks should and one day will be running the world;
* I attended the same public school district (Princeton) from preschool to 12th grade;
* I am a liberal but I am not loose;
* I am a Baptist (yes, I am @ church at least 3 hours on Sunday; call me after 2pm);
* I don't eat beef or pork but I love fish, chicken, and turkey;
* I like fruity and sweet alcoholic beverages; I am sipping a Lemonade flavored Dailys "Ready to Drink" frozen beverage as I type this blog post;
* I have an unhealthy (at times) emotional attachment to caffeine: hot tea, sweat tea, Pepsi, the Dews, and coffee;
* I like to dance and as a Gen Xer, I grew up with Dirty Dancing, Flashdance, etc.;
* I like aged rap music (like Scarface, the Ghetto Boys, Black Rob, the Wu Tang Clan, McLyte, etc.) and old school R&B. I remember listening to rap music and being lost in the melodies as a teenager. Please don't tell my grandmothers but I wanted to be a rapper AND an astronomer (I still have my first telescope) when I was 15 y/o; and
* I am in recovery (we are all recovering from something) from the use of expletives & profanity.
Now you know and can make an informed decision on whether or not any of the above will impact my ability to represent, counsel, and advise you before the State Nursing Board:)